Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Long weekend - President's Day holiday

Saturday the 18th we had tickets to the Seattle Women's Chorus. What an incredible, awesome show. This group is extremely talented and they always put on an entertaining event, so this one was no exception. The theme was "Shot Through the Heart, Love: the Good, the Bad, the Hilarious". Good stuff. 
They also had a couple of special guests who came up on stage and addressed the audience. In celebration of what has transpired in Washington State in the past few weeks, two of the legislators who have been instrumental in making this happen stepped up and talked about the work that went into passing this legislation.
For more on the legislation click here.
The last song of the afternoon was K.D. Lang’s “Sing it Loud”. They invited everyone to pull out their cell phones and record the performance, so I did. Unfortunately when I uploaded it to my computer and tried to play it, it doesn't work. I can play it on my phone, but not here. So, I'm including a link to someone else's YouTube version.

No comments:

Post a Comment