Sunday, January 29, 2012

Catching Up

I went to download the pictures off of my camera yesterday, and I realized that there were quite a few I'd sort of forgotten about! I also found a few from the day we went to SAM and the Pacific Science Center.

We had some really nice days during November, and the Fall colors were incredible. So I took my camera to work and got some shots from the UW Tower.







This is downtown on our walk to SAM. We parked near the Space Needle, walked to SAM, walked to Pike Place Market for lunch, and then caught a bus most of the way back to the Science Center. I'm pretty sure this popsicle is real. I believe it is cold enough up here to be real.






We visited the butterfly exhibit at the Science Center. It took about 10 minutes for my camera to finally quit fogging up! I felt a little strange stripping most of my clothes off outside the exhibit. Going from 40 to 80 degrees was fascinating. It reminded me of why I left Southern California. ;-)




Somewhere in between I took a trip down south. I took Veteran's Day weekend off instead of flying down Thanksgiving. After checking airline prices for T-giving week I decided it was more financially prudent to make a trip earlier instead. These trees are at the Long Beach airport. I couldn't resist.





Now contrast that with our first snow days up here. That happened in January--most likely you all heard about it on the news; or for those of you up here, well...you experienced it first-hand.

I was already home that week recuperating from that whole pesky gallbladder thing, so I didn't think it was horrible. In fact, Mom was still here for the beginning of it. She flew out just before it got really bad. I was also fortunate because I was not in the part of town that lost power!




That pretty much brings us nearly up to date. Next up: my trip to Blaine.

No comments:

Post a Comment